1 Channel Mic-Pre
3 similar version(s) available to choose from
The M-2 Mic Preamp is among the finest mic preamps in the world. It provides the accuracy and transparency that is missing in other mic preamps. No matter what your application, the M-2 will provide superior sound quality. The world's best input transformer (Jensen JT-16-B), best op-amp (990 discrete op-amp) and the elimination of all capacitors from the signal path combine to provide the highest performance.
The M-2 has a 19" wide mainframe rack-mount chassis (1.75"H x 19"W x 8"D) and can be ordered with 1 to 4 channels. There are two meter options and the best Jensen output transformer (JT-11-BMQ) is also available as an option. Additional channels and options can be easily added later up to the total capacity of the mainframe. Also when you order your M-2 you can specify if it will have a "20 OHM MIC" switch OR a "20dB PAD" switch.
The M-2 was introduced in 1996. While sonically identical to the M-1, there are a few control differences. The M-2 has a 16 position gain-switch with 1% metal-film resistors providing accurate and repeatable gain settings from 15dB to 60dB in 3dB steps. Also the M-2 can be ordered with either a "20 OHM MIC" switch OR a "20dB PAD" switch. (The M-1 has a two-section gain-pot providing continuously variable adjustment in two overlapping ranges that are selected by the HIGH GAIN switch that replaces the 20 OHM MIC switch or 20dB PAD switch found on the M-2).
* JT-16-B Input Transformer. Jensen's best mic input model.
* 990 Discrete Op-Amp. Faster, quieter, more powerful and better sounding than typical monolithic op-amps.
* Elimination Of All Coupling Capacitors From The Signal Path. Results in less degradation of the audio signal.
* 16 Position Rotary Gain Switch. Provides accurate and repeatable gain settings from 15dB to 60dB in 3dB steps.
* Choice Of Either "20 OHM MIC"' OR "20dB PAD" Switch.
* Polarity Reverse Switch.
* Phantom Power Switch.
* All Front Panel Switches Are LED Illuminated.
* Gold Plated XLR Connectors for maximum reliability.
* Ground Lift Switch On Each Channel. Helpful for eliminating ground loops.
* Toroidal Power Transformer With Additional Shielding. Eliminates hum problems so no external power supply is needed.
* Universal Power Supply. Internal switch provides six primary voltage choices to accommodate use anywhere in the world.
* Chassis Ground Isolation Switch. Helpful for eliminating ground loops.
* Built To Order, The Way YOU Want It. Various options can be easily field installed at a later date.
* VU-1 meter. Very accurate and informative 20 segment LED meter card with separate peak LED for monitoring preamp output.
* PK-1 Peak LED metering only. (not required if VU-1 is installed).
* JT-11-BMQ Output Transformer. Jensen's best line output transformer.
* Pin 2 Or Pin 3 High. Can be ordered either way and internal jumpers make changes in the field easy..
|E.I.N., 20Hz - 20kHz Unweighted||150 Ohm source||-129||dBu|
|0 Ohm source||-132||dBu|
|Maximum Input Level (without/with pad)||>30Hz||+9/+29||dBu|
|Maximum Output Level At 990 Output||75 Ohm load||+24||dBu|
|Deviation From Linear Phase||20Hz - 120kHz||<2||deg|
|THD, JT-16-B, (Below Saturation)||20Hz||0.036||%|
|THD, JT-16-B & 990:|
|60db Gain, 10k Ohm Load, +24dBu Output||10kHz||0.005||%|
|40db Gain, 600 Ohm Load, +24dBu Output||10kHz||0.003||%|
|40db Gain, 75 Ohm Load, +24dBu Output||10kHz||0.030||%|
Our best price is too low to print,
but we'll email it to you immediately!
How to get a lower price, instantly!
Why do we do this?
Some manufacturers have a "minimum advertised price", which restricts how low of a price we can display. By requesting an e-mail quote from us, you give us the ability to offer you a lower price than anywhere else on the web. A quote on the product will be sent instantly to the e-mail address you enter, and you can add the product to your cart at the lower price displayed in the e-mail.
Call our experts using:
888-528-9703 (toll free)
919-682-5552 (local/international +1)