Retro Semi-Hollow Guitar w/FLAMED maple top!
Ships immediately after order processed!
2 similar version(s) available to choose from
Kay Vintage Guitars Luthier Roger Fritz walks us through the entire line of Kay Vintage Reissue Instruments, including the Kay Electric Pro Bass, The Kay Thin Twin, the Kay Jazz II and the Jazz specia...
Kay Vintage Guitars Luthier Roger Fritz walks us through the entire line of Kay Vintage Reissue Instruments, including the Kay Electric Pro Bass, The Kay Thin Twin, the Kay Jazz II and the Jazz special. Sound Pure is a full line dealer for Kay Vintage Guitars and Bass, and is eagerly awaiting your call to discuss these fabulous reissues of a very unique instrument. Call Sound Pure today toll free 888-528-9703.
This Thin Twin looks like it came straight out of Hubert Sumlin's closet. With a beautiful cherry burst and gorgeous vintage-correct appointments, this guitar is a blues-lover's dream. The blade pickups sounds just as smooth as the originals, and the neck and fretwork are top-notch. Call Sound Pure today to get your hands on this piece of music history!
The K161 Kay Thin Twin electric guitar was originally introduced in 1952 and was known as the "Jimmy Reed" or "Howlin' Wolf" model. T-Bone Burnett played a Thin Twin to back up Robert Plant and Allison Krauss at the 2009 Grammy Awards. The Thin Twin was the first guitar able to create that unique blues sound from the special Kay interior bracing that made the instrument a favorite among blues players as well as rockers of the '50s and '60s.
The Thin Twin got its name from its two Blade pickups, known for their distinctive clean, sharp, sustaining sound. The Thin Twin's hollow-body chamber parallel bracing produces that gutsy, bluesy, raw sound, creating a clean natural distortion without feedback.
* Body: Single-cutaway, tone-chambered, hollowbody acoustic with special feedback-resistant bracing.
* Back: Parabolic arched maple
* Sides: Maple
* Top: 3-ply flamed maple
* Purfling: Multi-ply checkerboard celluloid binding
* Neck: Set one-piece, straight-grained Canadian maple with single-ply binding
* Frets: 20 medium nickel-silver
* Inlays: 6 block pearloid
* Fingerboard: 26" scale rosewood fingerboard with 12" radius
* Tuning Machines: Vintage-style, 3 per side
* Bridge and Tailpiece: Chrome individual saddle-style mounted bridge with height adjustment thumbwheels and chrome trapeze tailpiece
* Top Nut: Bone
* Headstock: Original gold chevron displaying 3-D raised "Kel-von-a-tor" style emblem
* Finish Coat: High-gloss polyester protective polymer
* Pickups: 2 chrome Thin Twin single-coil Blade pickups
* Controls: 2 volume, 2 tone, 3-way bat-style toggle selector
* Output jack: Side-mounted
Our best price is too low to print,
but we'll email it to you immediately!
How to get a lower price, instantly!
Why do we do this?
Some manufacturers have a "minimum advertised price", which restricts how low of a price we can display. By requesting an e-mail quote from us, you give us the ability to offer you a lower price than anywhere else on the web. A quote on the product will be sent instantly to the e-mail address you enter, and you can add the product to your cart at the lower price displayed in the e-mail.
Call our experts using:
888-528-9703 (toll free)
919-682-5552 (local/international +1)